Collection

Maribor Provincial Museum

pendant Bear with diploma

Alloy of tin and lead.

Dimensions: 4.5 x 3 cm.

price:

3.60

The history of tin figures began in the middle of the 16th century in Nuremberg, when manufacturers of tin vessels and other useful objects also began to cast tin toys. By the beginning of the First World War, tin figures had peaked in type diversity, but after the war their popularity declined sharply, mainly due to great resistance to war toys. The Maribor Provincial Museum keeps a collection of tin and lead figures. Most of the figures are from the family collection of Austro-Hungarian army officer Otto Gariboldi (1880-1965).

Collection